Michael A. Fischler
Michael A. Fischler is the senior partner of Fischler & Friedman, P.A. Mr. Fischler was born in New York and has been a resident of Broward County Florida since 1966. Mr. Fischler is the Immediate Past President of the Broward County Bar Association. He graduated from Jacksonville University in 1975, where he double majored in Business and Psychology and minored in Accounting. Thereafter, Mr. Fischler attended both law school and business school at Nova Southeastern University where he graduated with a Juris Doctor (J.D.) and Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.) in 1978. Mr. Fischler began his career as an Assistant State Attorney in the Broward County State Attorney's Office. After three years, Mr. Fischler was promoted to be in ASA in charge of the Economic Crime, Consumer Fraud and Civil Division. After leaving the State Attorney's Office in 1984, he entered into private practice as an associate with a mid-sized law firm, concentrating in the areas of commercial and civil litigation. In 1992, he joined his practice with Howard S. Friedman, Esq. and formed Fischler & Friedman, P.A.
Mr. Fischler's business education, combined with his more than thirty-five years of legal experience, provide him with a unique insight that allows him to comprehensively evaluate business and personal situations faced by his clients. Mr. Fischler focuses primarily on business and commercial transactions litigation, and has experience representing businesses and individuals in a variety of different types of claims including breach of contract, fraud, negligence and breach of fiduciary duty. He has effectively handled numerous matters involving shareholder disputes, business dissolution, non-compete clauses and matters involving complex accounting. In addition to business and corporate law, Mr. Fischler also handles estate planning, wills, trusts and probate matters.
As part of his practice, Mr. Fischler prepares documents necessary for business entity formation and operation, including articles of incorporation/organization, shareholder agreements, operating agreements, and independent contractor agreements. In preparing these important legal documents, Mr. Fischler draws on his vast litigation experience to protect clients from potential issues that may arise from the business transactions and ventures in which they choose to explore, whether it be buying a new business, selling a business, forming a corporation or business entity or planning for succession.
Mr. Fischler is a Certified Family Court and Circuit Civil Mediator, as well as a Qualified Arbitrator. He uses his alternative dispute skills to assist other lawyers and their clients to achieve amicable resolutions to their business disputes and estate administration matters.
Mr. Fischler lives in Coral Springs, FL with his wife and has two adult children.
Professional Associations and Community Service
Throughout his entire career, Mr. Fischler has been an active member and leader in the South Florida community, serving on numerous non-profit boards and professional associations. In 2014, he was honored for his outstanding commitment to Junior Achievement of South Florida, of which he has been a member for over twenty years.
Areas of Practice
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Business & Commercial Law
- Business Organizations
- Construction Law
- Corporate Law
- Estate Planning
- Ethics & Professional Responsibility
- Family Law
- Probate & Estate Administration
Certified Legal Specialties
- Circuit Court Mediator, 1990
- Family Court Mediator, 1993
- Arbitrator, 2001
- Nova University Center for the Study of Law, Fort Lauderdale, Florida
- Juris Doctor - 1978
- Nova Southeastern University School of Business, Fort Lauderdale, FL
- M.B.A. - 1978
- Jacksonville University, Jacksonville, FL
- B.S. - 1975
- Major: Business & Psychology
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Broward County Bar Association, President and Member of the Bench and Bar Committee
- B'nai B'rith Justice Unit #5201, Board Member, Founding Member and Past-President
- Association of South Florida Mediators and Arbitrators, Member and Past President
- Stephen R. Booher American Inn of Court, Board Member and President-Elect
- Junior Achievement of South Florida, Board Member, Past three-term Chairman of the Board
- Boys & Girls Club of Broward County, Board Member, Past-Chairman/President
- Hundred Club of Broward County, Member